Deadline: July 26th, 2019
The Italian Association of Environmental and Resource Economists
organises a School series aiming at providing advanced training for
young international scholars on issues of environmental and resource
The 4th IAERE School will be organized in cooperation with CEIS, at the
University of Rome “Tor Vergata”, and will focus on issues related to
green and climate finance. It will take place in Rome, at the
University of Rome "Tor Vergata", from the 4th to the 7h of November,
The role of green and climate finance is crucial to achieve
climate related environmental objectives and, more generally, to
provide (public and private, traditional and innovative) financing
sources for sustainable projects.
The aims of this year’s school are to:
- draw young scholars’ attention on the rapidly evolving policy
and governance settings, on the relevant metrics and methods as well as
on the economy-wide impacts, in relation to climate and sustainable
- discuss specific applications and profiles of analysis which will
be key in future research work in the field of sustainable and climate
finance, through lectures from experts in the specific fields.
Students will also have the possibility to take part to meetings
and/or applied on sessions with lecturers during the School.
- Central banking, green finance and sustainability
- Climate-related risk in the Italian financial system
- Climate risks, stranded assets and financial stability
- European emissions trading scheme and network analysis
- Green Finance and agent-based modeling
- Green investments and macro-prudential policies
- Pricing climate risks and opportunities in investment decisions
- Sustainable finance and macroeconomic dynamics’
- Sustainable household finance
- Simone BORGHESI, Università di Siena and European University
Institute, Florence, Italy
- Marianna BRUNETTI, Università degli Studi di Roma “Tor Vergata”,
- Emanuele CAMPIGLIO, Vienna University of Economics and Business,
- Alessio D’AMATO (School co-coordinator), Università degli Studi
di Roma 'Tor Vergata' and SEEDS, Italy
- Paola D’ORAZIO, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Germany
- Ivan FAIELLA, Banca d’Italia, Italy
- Irene MONASTEROLO, Vienna University of Economics and Business,
- Mariangela ZOLI (School co-coordinator), Università degli Studi
di Roma 'Tor Vergata' and SEEDS, Italy
The daily schedule is:
- 9:30-11:00 Module 1
- 11:00-11:30 Coffee break
- 11:30-13:00 Module 2
- 13:00-14:00 Light lunch
- 14:00-15:30 Module 3
- 15:30-16:30 Office hours/applied sessions
A social dinner will be organized.
Graduate students and working professionals from any university,
research institute, or other organization (private companies,
government agencies, NGOs) with an interest in environmental issues and
ability to read and write fluently in English. Advanced undergraduates
will also be considered.
NUMBER OF STUDENTS
The minimum number of students for the activation of the program is 20.
• EUR 450 IAERE Members
• EUR 530 Non IAERE Members (This fee
includes an IAERE membership until December 2020)
• EUR 470 Students non IAERE
Members (This fee includes an IAERE membership until December 2020)
The participation fee includes:
• Downloadable course material
• Participation Diploma
• Coffee breaks and light lunches included in the
• One social dinner
Accommodation is not included. The organizing committee of the school
will provide information about budget accommodation in Rome.
Any other meal not mentioned in the programme is not included.
Successful candidates will receive information about modes of payment
once admitted to the School.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are kindly requested to fill in the application form
Besides filling the form, applicants are required to upload a CV; a
reference letter may also be uploaded in support of the applications.
Application deadline is July 26th, 2019.
Applicants will be notified by September 9th, 2019
The deadline for the payment of the participation fee is September
26 July 2019
(midnight CET) - Application deadline
9 September 2019 - Acceptance
notifications will be sent out after September 9th, 2019.
20 September 2019 - Deadline
for payment of the participation fee.
4-7 November 2019 - School
With the support of